Stretching has many benefits. Just start a program of stretching, and you’ll soon notice the difference it makes to your physical fitness.
Some of the benefits of stretching are:
- relief from pain
- increased energy levels
- increased flexibility
- better range of motion of the joints
- greater circulation of blood to various parts of the body
- relaxation and stress relief
- enhanced muscular coordination
- greater sense of well-being
- increased flexibility and range of motion.
Stretching, done properly, helps to relax tense muscles which result from stress. The feeling of relaxation brings a sense of well-being and relief from tension. The stress on your spine is reduced, This reduces or prevents lower back pain.