Ashtanga yoga is the most athletic and physically demanding form of yoga.
The foundation of this ancient system, discovered by the late Sri T. Krishnamacharya and his disciple Pattabhi Jois in the 1930's, involves a series of set postures practised in sequence. There are 6 sequences in all, the first is known as the Primary Series.
Our Ashtanga Yoga classes will introduce you to these series to inable you to follow Ashtanga classes without any problems.
Maybe you will feel that you have discovered a form of yoga that is exactly what you have been looking for. Be careful, Ashtanga yoga can be addictive:)))
Its main features:
- Control of the pelvic floor Mulabandha.
- Deep breathing Ujjayi type.
- Concentrated visual focus (Drishti technique).
- Dynamic movements combining Vinyasa postures
Combining postural and respiratory control of Hatha Yoga classic, with dynamic movements, Ashtanga Yoga gives the practitioner a harmony in the development of his physical, mental and spiritual strength. Dynamic people like the active relaxation and swift progress towards flexibility and control of the body and the intense physical challenge. Practising Ashtanga Yoga gradually leads to a high energy level and mental relaxation.
Its benefits are:
- Flexibility of the body and mind
- Liberation and development of respiratory capacity
- Development of physical, mental and spiritual strength